Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fortunate Me

This is the day we honor our mothers.  As kids, I don't think we really understand what that means.  I know as a child I just plain loved my mom.  She did all kinds of stuff for me and I wanted to be with her all the time but I didn't truly understand the magnitude of the job.  I didn't know that there were sleepless nights and long tiring days.  I didn't know that she worried or suffered for me and my dumb decisions...or that she could feel physical pain at my own pain.  I know those things now because I have experienced them myself.  My children love me a lot...I know that.  But they won't really know what I have given to them as a mom until they are grown and are parents themselves.  This year on Mother's Day I'm going to focus on the blessing I have been given and how important I am to my kids. I think it's a great time for us all to reflect on what our mom's did for us and how much we appreciate them but I'm also going to just love my kids and enjoy them while they're still home with me.  Happy Mother's Day to all of you ladies out there who have worked hard to raise your babies and god bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below