Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Grateful

Great.  Full.  That's what my life is.  Before I go any further in my story, I want you to know that I have a great and wonderful life full of love, friends and perfect moments.  Today I had a very good friend remind me of those things.  She also told me that I am doing great things with my life and that I should not be embarrassed by what I do...ever.  She helped me to see that I have a lot to be grateful for and that I am doing things that many people do not have the chance or, in some cases, the balls to do.  I opened a small business that I started from the ground up and I run it every day.  I have gained leaps and bounds of experience that I never would have gotten otherwise and I stepped outside my box to do it all.  I guess I shouldn't be embarrassed...thanks girlfriend!  I needed to hear what you had to say to me and I did.  I suppose if I measure my success by the dollars I've made then no, I have not been successful because I have not made too many dollars.  But if I measure my success by what I have learned and how many people I am helping in some way, then I've done a good thing.  I'm not always happy about slinging popcorn, training new employees, hauling 50 pound bags of corn, or doing the books and payroll but I do it well and that's what matters.   Life is all about challenges and how you handle them.  Do you rise up and meet them head on or do you run and hide?  I can say in all honesty that I have always met them head on.  That's something to be proud of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below