Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Living in the moment

You know how you think you have it so bad and then you hear someone else's story and you feel stupid?  It can always be worse.  My mother always told me that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle but a person can't help feeling like they'll never make it through sometimes.  I'm feeling stupid this morning as I checked my facebook page and a friend posted that her husband has cancer.  I woke up with a headache at 5am worrying about myself and how much money I'm going to lose on the docpopcorn fiasco, poured my required cup of coffee, took four ibuprofen and checked my facebook page.  When I read her post I started crying and thought to myself "really Kary?  You don't have too much to be worried about"...yea, I'm gonna lose a chunk of change but so what?  Money comes and goes but your family and the people you love are forever.  We can easily get lost in the day to day trivial irritations and what we perceive to be the end of the world.  Our kids don't listen well enough, there are stupid drivers on the road, too many lazy workers not giving great customer service, companies lying to us when they want our money, no one in your house changing the toilet paper except for you...blah blah blah.   Start living in the moment people before you lose out on the opportunity.  Don't ever quit fighting the good fight.

1 comment:

please leave your comment below