Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Cost of Fear

Many things scare me.  Fear can paralyze you if you let it.  Losing a child, health problems, aging parents, kids leaving home, failing at anything, speaking in front of large groups, losing a pet, that the economy will get even worse, that the government really doesn't have a clue, an EMP, losing Kevin, not having a job that makes money, not having enough money for retirement, and running out of coffee.  That's the short list of things I'm afraid of.  I struggle with taking one day at a time and not worrying about what will happen tomorrow.  You can let fear consume you but at what cost?  You can't feel happiness or enjoy anything if you are scared.  Think about it.  The last time you were scared,  were you happy or enjoying life?  I fight it every day but I don't want to pay for fear with my own happiness and ability to enjoy all the great things in my life.  For fear of rambling on too long I'll end on this note: Just say NO to fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below