Thursday, June 20, 2013

good things

Let's see...what good things have I gotten from the last year of my life?  I know how to use Quickbooks, I know how to do payroll, I have met some really great people and I don't hate dentistry anymore.  That last one is huge because that's what I need to do for the next 15 years or so.  Anyone need a filling?  Wow, what a ride I've had...CRAZY!  Lessons have been learned (expensive ones) and experience has been gained so that's good.  I've made new friends, some of whom are along for the crazy train ride, unfortunately.  It's weird when you are happy and sad at the same time for people in your same situation, we're always telling each other "I'm sorry you have to go through this nightmare" when we ourselves are going through it too!  Happy to know you aren't alone, sad that your friend is suffering....strange.  As I'm writing, I keep thinking of the bad things and I have to remind myself "I'm writing about the good things, jackass"....but it goes to show you how easily we focus on the bad things when it's more useful to focus on the good.  My family and my friends, both old and new, have been there for me throughout this past year and I've realized how much they love me and care about me...you can't put a price on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below