Saturday, June 29, 2013

Waiting

I'm waiting for the sun to come up.  I'm waiting for the next thing life is going to send my way.  I'm waiting for answers.  I'm tired of waiting.  When you think about it, that's all life really is...hurry up and wait for the next thing to happen.  Plan if you can, hope for the outcome you expect but try not to be disappointed or even devastated when you get something altogether different.  It's a gamble...life is.  You don't get a choice if you want to play the game or not so be strategic and smart about it but know that there's always risk and you can't control it.  We think about what we want, we figure out the best way to get it, the best way to make it through with the least amount of pain or failure.  Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't.  But every decision we make could go either way...literally, on a daily basis.  Fear of making the wrong decision sets things into slow motion and the agony of waiting to see what will happen increases ten fold.  So now, you're waiting but it feels like years instead of days.  Awesome.  Every day is a waiting game, when we get an answer to one thing then there's another decision to be made soon after and the waiting begins again.  I hate waiting...it means you have to master patience and that's the P word.  The best way to wait for something to happen is to be in the moment.  Time becomes irrelevant as you focus on the now, you're no longer waiting...you're just enjoying.  Waiting is really a non productive activity...I'm going to do something more productive when I find myself waiting...Isn't that what the ipad mini is for??

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below