Sunday, July 14, 2013

Meditation

Why not?  It certainly can't hurt right?  I've really wanted to incorporate this practice into my life.  I've read so much about the benefits of meditation and have vowed to make it happen.  It still hasn't happened.  So this morning as I was reading on my favorite news app, Zite, I came across this article called "5 things I've learned about meditation" and you can find it here http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013/07/5-things-ive-learned-about-meditation-pavneet-tiwana/
After reading it, I realized that I make excuses for not meditating.  I don't know why.  Most of the time I don't even consider it and when I do, I have some reason that I can't do it.  Sitting quietly with yourself is scary perhaps?  That's a sad thought.  Really opening your mind to thought about something other than when you are going to get the laundry done or what's for dinner should be a welcome distraction.  However, I think being distracted is one of the major obstacles that keeps us from meditating in the first place.  I'm going to figure out how to meditate and see if I can come up with a plan that works for me, I'll let you know how it goes:)

2 comments:

  1. I think I read this at the right time. Everything around me is a bit hectic and crazy at the moment so this may be the way to center myself daily. As always, I appreciate your blog and hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Debbie...thank you for your kind words. I am well and hope you are the same;)

    ReplyDelete

please leave your comment below