Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy Birthday to a Hero

On January 26th, Danny Dietz would have been 34.  His mom posted a picture on Facebook that a friend shared and as I read her words, I realized that it's easy to lose sight of what's really important.  Living in the moment, tasting your food, seeing the beauty in the smallest things, taking time to truly listen, letting someone know you are thinking of them, moving past anger, laughing with a friend, hugging your kids....we all get so caught up in the daily crap we have to deal with that we focus on the meaningless and trivial.  We are all going to deal with loss whether it's someone or something important to us, what I'm saying is don't make your experiences up to that point just as bad as the loss, make your experiences matter and you won't have regret as well as sadness.  I have not seen the movie or read the book because it's too painful for me as a parent to face the loss.  Greatness is something we all hope for but the true path to greatness is selflessness and that, my friends, is the end goal...if you can be selfless, you will know peace.  Happy Birthday Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below