Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mom

I've been called a lot of things.  Daughter, sister, niece, student, Care Bear, Bitch (hard to believe, I know), friend, BFF, colleague, Dentist, Dr. Berry, Doc, Doctor, Mrs. Berry, wife....Mom.  Moooooommm! mom mom mom mom mom, mother, mommy.  By far the most important thing I've ever been called was mom.  I learned from the best what I know about being a mom.  The rest of it comes from inside.  I've had a lot of jobs in my years as well but being a parent is definitely the hardest thing to do and do well.  Yea, being a mom is exhausting.  It's overwhelming at times.  Some days I wonder "why did I think this was a good idea?"  It's hard work!

There's diapers, vomit, spit up, getting up at all hours of the night, car seats, strollers, naps or lack there of, making meals, cleaning up after meals, doing the dishes, laundry, laundry, laundry, did I say laundry?  Picking up everyone's things and cleaning up all the time, grocery shopping, doctor's appointments, sports practices, tournaments, games, clothes and equipment purchases, birthday parties, friend overnights, lunches for school, homework, social drama,  illness, ER visits, and of course there's the 24/7 connectivity with the cell phones.  I've also found that mom's are really the only people in the world that can change the toilet paper when it runs out.  So that's a full time job...on top of the paying job.  Yep, a lot of mom's have a day job as well.  WOW, who would want to do all of that??  Me.

If you're a mom, you know what I'm talking about.  If you are not a mom you're probably feeling relieved right now!  My 3 kids are the most important people in my life.  They are all special and unique and I have so much love for them I can't put it in words.  My life would not be complete without the chaos they create.  Crazy as that sounds...they keep me going on my darkest days, they keep me focused on the big picture and I am grateful.  Every day I am proud to be their mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there who know exactly what I'm trying to say here and may you feel as lucky and blessed as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below