Sunday, November 1, 2015

Good Intentions

It occurred to me today, that we all answer for our actions whether we had good intentions or not.  I received an email yesterday that was not kind.  Naturally, I did not read it all but it did make me think about people and their actions.  We are all flawed, not one of us is perfect.  We do things out of anger, love, fear...It's what we do that affects someone else that we really pay for.  Sometimes we want to go back and redo what we were sure was the right thing.  You can't go back.  You can't redo.  I know I have said and done things that were not good, sometimes I had good intentions, sometimes I acted our of anger.  I do know that where my children were concerned I always did what I thought was right.  I'm guessing it's the same for most parents but perhaps it looks different for each of us and I know we don't all agree on how to raise kids.  The bottom line is that you have to face your child, your adult and grown up kid, at some point and take responsibility for how and why you did what you did.  If you were wrong....it could have devastating affects on someone else's life.  If you were right...well, then you get the warm peaceful feeling that you did good.

We all have differing opinions, I express some of mine here.  I never post here to offend anyone and if I have I apologize.  My intentions are good.

Right now, and for the past 10 months I have had a young woman on my mind.  I am not able to talk to her so I don't know how she is or if she's ok.  I was told that I was put on a list of people that she is not allowed to talk to because I'm a bad person.  My son is a bad person.  My family is not good enough to talk to her.  We all love her and miss her and never did anything to hurt her.  When I tried to ask if we could communicate with her, I was called by a person I did not know and told to mind my own business.  Thing is, I felt it was my business and that I needed to know she was okay.  So, I did what I do and that was to try and find out what was going on and see if I could help.  My story is one I had experience of first hand and also from information gathered by others.  Time will tell if I'm right or if I'm wrong...same for everyone else involved as well.  In the end,  my only concern is for the young lady...not her mother, not her father, not her aunt...only her.

So again, if I have offended you or someone you know, I'm sorry.  Very few people have bad intentions but most of the problems in the world are caused by good intentions.  They may not seem good to all of us but to the person taking the action they are doing the right thing.  However, good intentions are not always right or moral and can have devastating consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below