Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Life keeps happening

We are mortal but our souls are not.  What we see is not always what we get.  What we see is a physical form that is fragile.  Who we are is what's inside the physical body...our soul.  The soul is infinite and cannot die.  Love comes from the soul.  Life is a journey.  Each journey has a beginning and an end.  Some are easier than others, some are longer than others but when our journey is over we are reunited in a place of peace and tranquility where time is not measured.  Until then, we are to learn and experience so that we grow to be better people.  As mere mortals we do not understand why we must suffer. I do not understand why terrible things happen.  I do not understand why we make mistakes that make us suffer.  I don't understand why life changes in an instant as we are helpless witnesses to it.  Without hardship, there is no growth.   That I do know.  Sometimes I think I won't make it but I do and somehow I've grown from it.  It's not easy, it's painful and heart breaking at times.  But when you've loved and experienced unconditional love you cannot be broken.
I have a very heavy heart today as I write this post because a young woman I knew, and had the pleasure of spending time with, has gone from this life.  Her journey here has ended and we have to stay the course without her.  Many lives have been touched by her life and will continue to be.  As we suffer her loss, we remember her and we should keep site of the fact that we will see her again when our journey's are over.

This post is for Ciara Ragan whom I knew for a short time and am thankful that I did.  She had a huge personality and was loved by many.  Her spunk and love for life were obvious in everything she did.  I know that she is at peace and in a better place but that does not change the fact that I will miss her as I travel the rest of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your comment below